Wythe County Community Hospital, a LifePoint Health facility, is looking for a urology physician who enjoys quality of life and a great work environment. Our facility is a 100 bed hospital located in a desirable location within the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. Wytheville is located only one hour and fifteen minutes from Roanoke, VA and Winston-Salem, NC, with great access to Interstates 77 & 81.
About the position
- Employed arrangement
- Supportive primary care base in place
- Collaborative hospitalist program in place to provide support
- Excellent practice management support to insure a smooth running practice
- Existing practice -- existing patient volume
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff
- Unassigned call 1:3 (10 days required)
- Experience surgical staff in the OR
- Full time board certified or board eligible urologist
- Skills required, but not limited to cystoscopies, excisions/biopsies, prostate surgery, nephrectomy, stone treatment, incontinence treatment, testicular surgery, prostate procedures, vasectomies, treatment of urinary tract diseases; treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Competitive compensation (MGMA) wRVU model
- Sign on Bonus, student loan repayment and relocation assistance are negotiable
- Stipend available for residents/fellows
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more
About the practice
- Office space is located in close proximity of hospital campus
- In office equipment/tools for in-office procedures includes: Urodynamics, Ultrasound, Cystoscope, Male/Female Sounds, Bugbee instruments, lab centrifuge and Steris machine.
- OR has up-to-date urology table, cart and instruments for surgical procedures
- Lithotripsy and laser available
- OR block scheduling
- 20-25 patients per day in clinic
- Approximately 200 surgical cases per year expected
About the hospital
Wythe County Community Hospital, (a LifePoint Health facility) is a 100 bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency needs around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
Living in Wytheville, VA
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area. Experience "The Good Life" and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.