Blue Ridge Nephrology, an independent, physician-owned practice serving the New River Valley, is looking for a nephrologist to join their group in serving the Wytheville, VA area. Applicants should be patient centered; like to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment; believe in providing high quality services; able to join a high functioning team; and desire an experience with serving patients from a rural community.
About the position
- Established group practice of 12 years
- Income guarantee from the hospital with employment contract with the group
- New service line for the market
- Inpatient dialysis as well as outpatient clinic
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Fellowship in nephrology
- Competitive base compensation with medical directorship opportunity
- Student loan repayment, sign on bonus and relocation allowance are negotiable
- Stipend for last year of fellowship
- Medical malpractice coverage, professional licenses and fees paid, vacation time, CME and educational and professional society meeting time allowed
About the Practice
- Office space is on the hospital campus
- Expect to see 20-25 patients in the clinic daily
- Be on the ground floor of establishing the inpatient dialysis center with the hospital
- Practice consists of 3 physicians and supportive office staff
- Strong community need for this service line
About the Hospital
Wythe County Community Hospital, (a LifePoint Health facility), isa 100 bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency services around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
Living in Wytheville, VA
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities via the two interstates passing through the town. Experience "The Good Life" and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.